- This event has passed.
March 14 @ 17:00 - 22:00
Cairns Road Runners have got together with the Dirty Northern Trail Crew to offer this event.
- You can run this event SOLO or in a TEAM of up to 4 people.
- All registrations must be completed online. NO on-the-day registrations will be accepted
- The cost is $10 per person regardless of age
- The event is open to children but for safety reasons, the race director will determine the degree of supervision required during the race
- Check-in on the day of the event will commence at 16:00 and close at 16:40
- The race brief commences at 16:45 and the race director will outline the rules and safety requirements
- The race commences at 17.00 and will be for a duration of FOUR hours
Runners have the choice of doing any combination of THREE loops. Loop No 1 is 3km, Loop No 2 is 7.2km and Loop No 3 is 14.5km. Runners completing the 7.2km loop receive a bonus of 0.25km and runners completing the 14.5km loop receive a bonus of 0.5km. Those running the short loop will not receive bonus kilometres.
A long loop cut-off time will limit runners from choosing the 14.5km loop late in the event.
After FOUR hours, the individual and teams who have covered the most adjusted kilometres will win.
Registrations are not available for teams, please register as an individual below:
What to bring:
Headlamp and spare batteries if required, running gear, cups or drinking devices (no disposable cups provided), race nutrition/hydration and post race rehydration, clean dry gear to change into after the event
A BBQ will be available after the run for $10 per person.
Julian Oates, Race Director