It’s only a short time until the running of Blacksnake 2018 and we urgently need volunteers to help make the race happen. So, if you are an injured runner, friends or family of runners or would just like to be part of the action, the following positions need to be filled:
- Course marking: Erecting/placing directional signs at strategic places along the race courses
- Set-up: Setting up the Check-in table, preparing the Start/Finish line with banners and witches hats
- Check-in: Ideally two (2) people to check off names of runners as they arrive. Hand out race bibs, information and maps as required.
- Bridle Creek Checkpoint: Minimum of one (1) but ideally two (2) people to set up a table with snack food and drink to offer to runners. Check directional signs are in place and record runners bib numbers/names and offer words of encouragement and a smile to runners as they arrive. This is a good position for couples who enjoy being out bush (we even had one couple camp out there!)
- Fig Tree Checkpoint: Minimum of one (1) but ideally two (2) people to set up as for Bridle Creek. Access to this checkpoint on Clohesy River Road means crossing several shallow creeks so a 4WD or AWD vehicle is desirable.
- Finish line timing and recording. Ideally three (3) people are best. Two of these could be the Check-in volunteers.
- Pack up:
The more the merrier.If you can help out in any way, please text Dave on 0459020091 as soon as possible. Many thanks!